102 Miraculous Years
By: Walter Scheib, Prepared By Victoria Grazi
These savory mouthfuls may remind some of an hors d’oeuvre popular at 1960’s cocktail parties. They couldn’t be easier to prepare, and they’re addictively delicious.
Parmesan Party Spread
- 1/3cup homemade or best quality mayonnaise
- 1/3cup finely chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1/3cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (about one ounce)
- Put the ingredients in a small bowl and fold together with a rubber spatula, be careful not to over-mix it or the cheese will become gummy and the onion will give off some of its liquid.
Use right away or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
In addition to the treatment presented here, you could fill mini puff pastry shells or potato skins with the spread, add spinach for an appetizer dip, or add your favorite chopped vegetables and spread it on a variety of breads or crackers.
- 24 pieces of ½ inch thick sliced baguette, toasted
- Preheat the broiler. Place 2 tablespoons of parmesan spread on each piece of mini-toast and spread about ¼ inch thick.
Arrange the mini-toasts on a baking sheet and broil until golden brown on top 1 to 2 minutes.